For those who keep up a healthy lifestyle a good help can be a juicer. It can prepare you nutritious juices out of fruits and vegetables. Drinking these extracted juices enriches your body with the major essential nutrients, such as enzymes, minerals, vitamins and fiber. They help to solve nutritional imbalances and prevent illnesses. But to extract the most nutrients out of the fruit or vegetable it’s important to have the best juicer. An effective type of juicers is the masticating type, also called slow juicers. Among them one of the brands that stands out is Hurom. Read below our Hurom Slow Juicer Reviews to find out its pros and cons.
Hurom HU 100 Masticating Slow Juicer
Hurom HH Series Premium Masticating Slow Juicer
Hurom JP Series Fresh Press Juicer
Hurom Slow Juicer Pros
- Small footprint. The Hurom Slow juicers are very space-efficient. They don’t take up that much space of a countertop and have the perfect height to fit under a kitchen cabinet.
- Easy to clean up. The biggest issue with most of the juicers is the difficult clean up. However, the Hurom juicer seems like an exception. For a quick clean you can just run some water while the unit is running. For a more thorough clean, you can easily remove all the parts and rinse them.
- Quiet motor. The slow speed with its technology provides quiet operation.
- Energy saving. Using only 150 watts, this unit is super efficient.
- Juicing Versatility. It can juice just about any foods, including soft and hard fruits, veggies and leafy greens such as kale, wheatgrass, etc.
- Very dry pulp and high juice yield. Using the two-stage system, the Hurom juicer curshes and presses the foods for extracting juice to the very last drop. The result is an extremely dry pulp.
- Great juice quality. Operating at slow speed, the juice also doesn’t effect the juice’s temperature, preserving all the nutrients. Also, it creates only a little of foam and the juice is very smooth.
- Smoothie maker. Its unique feature is that you can make not only juice, but also make smoothies. With the juice cap and the pulp control lever you can leave more or less pulp in your smoothie or juice.
Hurom Slow Juicer Cons
- The foods need precutting into small pieces. The feed chute is not that big on this unit, so the fruits and vegetables will need to be precut into smaller pieces.
- Jams can happen. If the unit is overwhelmed with produce, the blades can get locked up. To avoid it, don’t push down too hard or too fast when feeding the produce. Also, when juicing hard fruits and vegetables, do it slower.
- Price. Hurom Slow juicers are not cheap. However, for a masticating juicer they come at a reasonable price and considering its high quality and the 10 year warranty you get your money’s worth.
The main types of juicer are centrifugal, triturating and masticating. The most common type is centrifugal. They’re the high-speed units that first grind the fruits and vegetables into and then force the juice out of it. Masticating type works at slow speeds, crushing and squeezing the fruits and vegetables. As a result, they usually squeeze out more juice. The Hurom Slow Juicers are of this latter type.
Hurom Slow Juicer Description
This product has an upright design, which is a new take on the generally more horizontal masticating juicers. They measure 6.8 x 9.8 x 15.8 inches with the weight around 11.5 pounds. They are slow juicers so they don’t require a high powered motor. They equip a 150 watts motor, which is energy efficient and is very effective at juicing while spinning at 80 rpm. The motor also comes with a 10 year warranty, which ensures its high quality and long lasting use.
The accessories for the Hurom Slow juicer include 2 pitchers: 1 for collecting pulp, the other for collecting juice. It’s safe and made of BPA-free GE Ultem material. One more accessory included is the cleaning brush for scrubbing the mesh filter basket after use of the juicer.
The Slow Squeezing Technology
Hurom has come with its own innovative technology for their juicers – the Slow Squeezing Technology. It’s designed to minimize damage to the ingredients, maintaining its intact nutrition and natural taste. It achieves that by steady rotations with slow squeezing out the juice.
The auger of the unit is made of highly durable ultem. Its slow rotations squeeze out the ingredients. It also features a pulp control lever, which determines the hole of the strainer and gives more or less of pulp depending on your preference.
The slow operation causes less noise and with minimal vibration. Though the thorough crushing releases maximum nutrients and enzymes. Also, you get more juice extracted than from a typical centrifugal juicing machine.
If you are looking for a masticating juicer, the Hurom Slower juicers are worth considering as they are among the best masticating juicers on the market. It’s built with a strong design of durable materials and the long warranty backs it up. The quality of the juice you get with this machine will definitely benefit your health. It’s easy to use and in comparison to many other juicers, this unit is easy to clean. We hope that our Hurom Slow Juicer reviews have helped you with the information.